About the role:
As a senior engineer at Bask you will work directly with the CEO to build and design the software infrastructure that will serve as the backbone of telehealth.
We are expanding our software engineers and looking for a leader with deep rooted entrepreneurial spirit.
Our serverless platform is built using Vercel, Next.js, Tailwind, Prisma and PlanetScale for a powerful multi-tenant application.
What you will do:
- Design, build, and implement new services through the full development cycle: write elegant, well-tested code in a modern technology stack. Build libraries and frameworks that can help us build quickly and efficiently, and deliver value to our users.
- Work closely with the product team: make architecture and design decisions, participate in stand-ups, code reviews, and retros, and help contribute and drive the engineering culture that focuses on simple, intuitive, high-impact experiences.
- Be an engineering generalist: from developing servers and databases, to integrating APIs to expand our platforms capabilities, to final Ul implementation, to you'll have the opportunity to take end-to-end ownership and responsibility across the full development lifecycle.
- Build from 0 to 1: You'll have the opportunity to both scale and automate existing services while also bringing new innovations to life. This is unique opportunity to help join a team where you'll be able to both build rapidly, and also contribute to product strategy and development! We are a highly collaborative team.
The ideal candidate is a full-stack generalist, and has experience taking a product from 0-1 product. We're looking for someone who's entrepreneurial and willing to roll up their sleeves to get the work done, and passionate about our mission to build a platform that will intensely disrupt the healthcare industry.
- You lean backend but are dangerous enough on the frontend of the stack.
- You are highly skilled in the following (Postgres, GraphQL, SQL and NoSQL).
- You can work independently and are comfortable owning entire projects and or large areas of the code base
- Strong experience in building paid products and services is preferred.
- You are a strong communicator - you are able to clearly articulate technical problems, constraints and timelines.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, unstructured, startup environment.
Competitive compensation and stock options
Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed